Dry Shampoo Guide
Helloo Lovely's :)
Dry shampoo has played a major role for me when it comes to getting ready. As many of you beauty product users know.. it is recommended to not wash your hair daily. (Gross right? Because it totally goes against good hygiene!) But in actuality, when I discovered that washing your hair less has its benefits, it made me thick twice about my hair routine.
- Washing your hair frequently strips your hair from its natural oils leaving it to become dry and cause breakage (such as split ends) washing everyday does not allow your hair to replenish those natural oils.
- Fades color and shine faster, you may notice that once you dye your hair a vibrant color it fades and the more frequently you wash your hair you begin to lose its luster.
- Having dirty hair makes styling more manageable giving you texture to work with.
- Dry shampoo saves time, which is a PLUS! (Even more so, now that the weather is getting colder..don't like cold showers.)
- You would think that hair washing would get rid of grease, however the less you wash your hair the less oily over time.
- Over washing your hair causes the scalp to become dry by producing more oil to compensate. (This would have to be the main reason I turned to dry shampoo...what is happening to my scalp is happening to the skin on my face. I produce a lot of excess oils.. which causes my acne breakouts.) 11 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Wash Your Hair Everyday
I have black shoulder length hair & my biggest enemy is that I have VERY THICK hair which is also naturally wavy and frizzy. I try my best not to wash my hair at least every other day. My hair gets oily very quickly and with black hair it is most noticeable. Did you know that dry shampoo comes in different forms & is not to be used with water.
Dry shampoo is sold in any convenient store of the hair-care aisle, that comes in many different brands. Along with higher-end brands carried by Sephora or Ulta beauty stores. There are dry shampoos that come powdered, cruelty-free, organic, aerosol cans & my newest discovery foam-based. I encourage to try different kinds to see which dry-shampoo you prefer best, especially since everyone's hair is different :) but of course all dry shampoo has approximately the same purpose & application. It is to be used as directed between washes.
My Guide to Dry Shampoo: Here, you will see I provided drug-store and high-end variety. **Click on photo to be directed to official site. *** Please note the travel sized items, price listing is for full sized products.
Butane, Isobutane, Propane, Oryza Sativa (rice) Starch, Alcohol,denat., Parfum (fragrance), Coumarin, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Cetrimonium Chloride.
Acure- Dry Shampoo Powder.
Acure: $9.99 Target:$6.99
Vegan Sulfate, paraben & cruelty-free
Drybar-Detox Dry Shampoo Aerosol spray.
Isobutane, Propane, Dimethylimidazolidinone Rice Starch, Alcohol Denat., Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, AMP-Isostearoyl Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Rhodiola Rosea Root Extract, Citrus Junos Seed Extract, Cyperus Esculentus Root Oil, Prunus Insititia Seed Oil, Panthenol, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Isopropyl Myristate, Parfum (Fragrance), Cyclopentasiloxane, Acrylate Copolymer, Aqua (Water, Eau), Magnesium Carbonate, VP/VA Copolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Butylene Glycol, Talc, Pentylene Glycol, BHT, Linalool, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Eugenol, CI 77491/77492/77499 (Iron Oxides)
Ulta/Sephora: $ 28.00
No Parabens & Sulfates Not tested on animals
This floral fragrance contains notes of bergamot, Italian lemon, Rose de Mai, magnolia, lily, blackberry, violet, cedarwood, amber, patchouli, sandalwood, and white musk.
Cornflour (Zea mays) (Zea Mays (Corn) Starch) Magnesium Carbonate Talc Fragrance Grapefruit Oil (Citrus paradisi) Lime Oil (Citrus aurantifolia) *Citral *Geraniol *Limonene *Linalool *Occurs naturally in essential oils
I hope my guide has helped you with your decision making when it comes to choosing the right dry shampoo for you! <3 Please visit an additional helpful resource guide http://www.reviews.com/dry-shampoo/