Get Ready w/ Me
Here is my everyday go-to's for getting ready & out the door. I try to wear as little make-up as possible for my everyday... because I'd like my pores to be able to breathe & I also sometimes have troubled skin. However, I would have to say I pay most attention to my brows & eyes as far as make-up goes. Because I feel that brows definitely frame the face and for me, eyes really brightens up my features. The following items are products that I swear by & must make a trip to Target/Ulta to grab if I am running low on. I will provide high-end & drugstore options that I am currently using. But the best result is whatever works for you!
Details will be linked below.
Sooo, let's get started! :)
- First you always want to start off with a fresh face. I go ahead & do my skincare routine that I do morning & night, which is Rodan & Fields.
- Before applying any makeup i'd like to prep my face with a moisturizer that has any kind of SPF, which is one I use on my step 4 of my Rodan & Fields skincare. * It is important to use something with SPF even if you do not plan on being in the sun. Our skin is a sensitive organ & is the number one form of cancer in America. Start preventing.
- Next I prime my whole face using "Too Faced- HangoveRX" ($32). What I like about this primer is: 1. The smell, lol 2. That it is formulated with coconut water & lastly, 3. It is silicone-free. The fact that it is light-weight is a plus!
I use "Benefits'- The POREfessional -Matte Rescue" ($28) & I mainly concentrate where I have large pores & areas that i'm prone to get acne. Which are my cheeks/under eye & T-zone. * You want to minimize & cover up any pores. This will block make up on the surface of the skin from permeating into your pores, so it will not produce buildup or bacteria.
- For eyes, I line my water line with "Maybelline- New York's Unstoppable Liner" ($7.23) in the color Onyx. I will also apply & tight line my lash-line. I also sometimes purchase, "Revlon-Colorstay Liner" ($6) in black.
- Will grab my "L'oreal Paris- 12 Hr. Infallible Super Slim Liquid Liner" ($8.95) & go over my lash-line once more & this time I use the liquid liner for definition to create a "wing" look. (I've been using these products for my eyes since High School & it's inexpensive)
- I will go ahead & use a spooly to tame my brows. Using my "Elf- angled brush"($3) I will lightly outline my brows using "It Cosmetics- Build-A-Brow Pot" ($24) in the color Dark Brown. That is waterproof, 5-in-1 micro-fiber & a crème gel stain.
- Next I use "Benefits- Gimme Brow" ($24) in the color 5. To make them look fuller but not too harsh using the spooly applicator, that way it looks like natural brush strokes.
- Onto the face! I do this last in case of any mess-ups that I can just cover up. I have oily skin & on hot weather days I use my "Real Techniques Foundation Brush" & apply "Maybelline New York's- Dream Pure & Dream Fresh BB Cream" ($8.99) in the color Medium/Deep Sheer Tint. I also alternate between the one with SPF 30 & if I have an acne break out I go with the other kind that has Salicylic Acid Acne Treatment for my skin.
- As for high-end, cooler/overcast days I go for my "Bare Mineral's- Complexion Rescue: Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream" ($29.50) In the color Tan 07. Great thing is, it also has SPF 30 & is safe on the skin, breathable & also gives me a dewy finish which is why since I already have oily skin I choose to wear this on less hotter days.
- For on-the-go since my Bare Minerals is a loose powder. I use my "MAC- Studio Fix Compact Powder" ($28) in C40 for any touch-ups throughout the day that stays in my purse.
- Lashes, I use my "Revlon- Extra Curl Eye Lash Curler" ($5) and curl my lashes before & after application. Using the "Maybelline New York's- Lash Sensational" ($8.99) in very black. I have always gone to Maybelline for their mascaras. This one in particular gives me volume & a little bit of length.
- Lips, I like to keep it simple for everyday by keeping them hydrated using "Burt's Bees" ($3.30) Mango butter or Coconut Pear. Gloss, lipstick or tinted lip balms tend to dry out my lips.
- Last thing is a quick spritz of body mist, something light & not as strong as perfume. I currently use "Pink's Limited Edition- Fresh & Clean VACAY" ($10).
& i'm OUT THE DOOR! I'd want to say this simple look usually takes me about 7-10 minutes tops.
*I do not own any rights of the product images.
Thanks for getting ready with me! Until my next post. :D