This blog post is about weight loss & healthy habits :) & Today, I want to share my story because this is an accomplishment of mine; that I never thought I'd experience. In 2012-2014 I gained a significant amount of weight, over a 2 year period --no idea why or how. I noticed it but to be honest, I think I was in denial. I always thought I was going to be this little petite girl. But my metabolism at that time was extremely slow. Reality hit me & my body was just simply going through a change (getting older). It was pretty embarrassing because it looked like 'I totally let myself go..' I was about 30lbs. heavier & it was the heaviest I've ever been. I wasn't ok with just 'accepting it'. I knew I had to exercise & eat right but I also wondered "Did I really know how to do that properly?" or sometimes I thought "I must be doing it wrong?"
This was during the time tea detox was becoming popular. I'm sure you all have seen Fit Tea, Skinny Mint, Bootea & there's so much more out there. They all pretty much have the same concept of detoxifying & cleansing your body. I am a tea-drinker & decided to give it a try. I saw one in particular that really caught my attention on Instagram called "Skinny Fox Detox". Did my research on it & I especially liked that it's 100% organic ingredients & its gluten free! I was sold.
- 'Hello Gorgeous' (taken in the morning)
- Boosts your metabolism, increases your energy and helps burn fat
- 82 grams loose- leaf
- Ingredients: Organic Yerba Mate, Organic Sencha Green Tea, Organic Oolong, Organic Orange Peel, Organic Lemon Verbena, Organic Lemongrass, Organic Ginger Root, Organic Cornflower blossoms, Goji Berry, Organic Acai Berry, Organic Ginseng Root
- Tastes like regular unsweetened seeped tea. Not too bitter so I was ok with drinking it how it is. You can also add a little agave nectar for sweetness, would not recommend honey.
- 'Goodbye Cherry Pie' (taken every other night before bed time)
- Natural and gentle laxative
- Gets rid of toxin accumulation
- 14 tea-bags
- Ingredients: Organic Senna Leaf, Organic Peppermint Leaf, Organic Fennel Fruit, Organic Orange Peel, Organic Cinnamon Bark, Organic Ginger Root, Organic Coriander Fruit
- Tastes like peppermint, very relaxing.
*Photos of products taken from Skinny Fox Detox website. I documented my progress & i'd have to say the first week seemed to be the hardest because my body had to adjust to change. Not to mention there is a diet I had to follow & exercise if I wanted to see the results I wanted to get. It then started to become a daily routine for me.. flavor is not bad at all.
- Detoxying isn't about "not being able to eat" In fact, if you fast it will reduce long-term results.
- NO Fried Foods
- NO Dairy
- NO Sugar/Corn Syrup
- NO White Rice
- NO White Bread/White Pasta
- NO Beef/No Pork
- NO Alcohol
- Protein: Eggs, chicken, turkey, trout, salmon, tuna &lean low-fat meats. If you have red meat make sure it is lean grass fed beef.
- Healthy oils: Fish, nuts, avocados and coconuts!
- Vegetables: Spinach, kale, asparagus, dark-green vegetables, beans.
- Fruits: This is where you will get your natural sugar. Recommended one serving of fruit a day.
- Take your weight in pounds times that by 0.67 which is 2/3 & that should be the amount of ounces of water you drink daily.
- Snacks: Nuts, dried fruits, humus dip, celery sticks, carrot sticks
Here is their meal plan that answered all of my questions: Skinny Fox Detox Meal Plan
- It important to get some physical activity in daily.
- I was in school during this time & getting the chance to work out was difficult but even just 15-30 minutes of my everyday worked for me. Didn't matter how long as long as I dedicated some time to exercise.
- Here I provided some short circuit exercises that I definitely utilized from their Instagram: @skinnyfoxdetox. I would typically do 3 rounds.
Once I completed my detox, I didn't want to just end it there. I new I had to slowly stray away from it. It is recommended to wait 2-3 months after a '14 day detox' & 4-3 months for a '28 day detox' before beginning another detox. What I like is that "Skinny Fox Detox" has a maintenance tea, I wanted to be able to maintain all that hard work in the meantime.
- 'Stay Foxy' (taken at any time of the day)
- It is caffeine-free
- Reduces bloating
- Reduces sugar cravings
- Accelerates body's natural cleansing process
- Also, loose-leaf.
- Ingredients: Organic Dandelion Leaf, Organic Hibiscus Flower, Organic Lemongrass, Organic Lemon Verbena, Organic Dandelion Root, Organic Ginger Root, Organic Cinnamon Bark, Organic Rose Petals, Organic Goji Berry, Organic Acai Berry, Organic Orange Peel Powder, Organic Ginseng Root.
- Tastes like an unsweetened passion-tea from Starbucks, I enjoy the taste of the hibiscus.
How did I benefit from "Skinny Fox Detox"?
- This product taught me discipline!
- Healthier habits
- Portion control (no longer eat when I'm bored)
- Food alternatives (Turkey burgers instead of regular meat)
- Lifestyle changes
- Because it recommends a no-dairy diet, I now prefer to drink almond milk. Staying away from dairy also helped my skin from break outs.
- I don't feel as sluggish, I'm more energized because my body is in a healthier state.
- Till` this day I still detox when I feel like I need to & occasionally drink my 'Stay Foxy' when I need a lil 'umph'
- By the end of my 28 day cleanse I lost a total of 10lbs.
Of course, please keep in mind that what works for me may not work for you. Trial and error when it comes to health products but this happens to be something that showed me great results and discipline. & it is all about focus & dedication. I want to promote what I strongly believe in & I can't tell you enough, how much I LOVE THIS STUFF!
Are you interested in tea-toxing? "Skinny Fox Detox" is currently having a SALE! on not just their teas but all of their products; body scrubs which is also amazing! shakers, tea infusers & whey protein. Check out their website for further details.